Looking for the best unlimited mileage truck rental for your budget? Compare moving truck prices of Penske and Home Depot truck rental & more to find the best!
If you need a bit of transportation assistance come Moving Day, you should definitely think about getting an unlimited mileage truck rental.
There are still some companies that charge you by the mile when it comes to rental trucks, and these can be devastating to your bank account. You never know what kinds of side trips you’ll need to make, how many detours you’ll have to take, or how quickly those miles can add up on a cross-country trip.
Fortunately, most moving truck companies offer unlimited mileage truck rental agreements for most of their fleet. Instead of by the mile, they charge you by the day. This makes much more sense when you have to travel a long distance. You don’t have to worry about taking the shortest possible routes or having to avoid certain back roads.
If you need to hire a moving vehicle, an unlimited mileage truck rental is absolutely the way to go.
Unlimited Mileage Truck Rental: Plenty of Options
When it comes to choosing a company to go with on Moving Day, the countless options can make your head spin right around. There are so many choices! You have Penske, Budget, Ryder, U-Haul, Mayflower, and Enterprise—and those are just the biggest names. Aside from those, you have a seemingly endless number of smaller moving companies at your disposal.
To give you a place to start from, here’s a look at three of the most popular and surprising companies:
Penske Moving Trucks
This is one of the most often used truck rental companies in the country, with more than 1,900 locations across the United States. They offer 24-hour assistance and every one of their vehicles features free unlimited mileage.
Wonderful selection, great lineup of equipment and moving supplies, and fantastic deals for seniors, military, teachers, and students—Budget rentals are price-conscious and customer service oriented. This is a great company to rent from.
Home Depot Truck Rental
These may not be suitable (or available) for moving your home possessions across the state or country, but these trucks are perfect for transporting large store-bought items from the retail center to your home.
Moving Trucks: Some Helpful Hints for Moving Day
Want to make Moving Day as painless as possible? Take a look at these great tips and tricks from the pros about using your unlimited mileage truck rental.
1. Load the heaviest items (washers, stoves, refrigerators) first, setting them up against the wall nearest to the cab.
2. Line up the longest items (couches, mirrors, bookshelves, mattresses) against the side walls of the truck.
3. Always rent a truck that has 10%-15% more space than you need. Because, strange as it seems, you will always need more space than you think you do.
4. Use your blankets, pillows, sheets, and coats wisely—as extra padding! Place them over sharp corners, flat wood surfaces, and fragile items to protect them in transit.
5. Use quality boxes, crates, and containers for your items. You don’t want boxes that will break apart and send your possessions flying en route.