Looking for the best pickup truck rental option? Hertz is a great choice, as is Budget truck rental. There are many options to make your move smooth & easy.
For a variety of reasons, choosing a pickup truck rental over a cargo van or big rig may be the right way to go.
- Buying a refrigerator or other large appliance?
- Transporting a load of dirt, bark, or pea gravel?
- Moving a few boxes to your new apartment or house?
If so, it might be in your best interest to get a pickup truck rental for the job.
There are many reasons why pickup trucks make more sense to rent than bigger vehicles. For one, they’re much less expensive. You usually just pay a flat fee for the day and fill up the tank on your own. And instead of having to use costly diesel gas for your truck’s fuel, most rentals require only regular unleaded. This cuts back on costs quite a bit.
Another benefit to renting a pickup truck is that you have more options when it comes to the cargo you carry. As mentioned above, you can easily carry loads of dirt or bark in a pickup truck when this is impractical (and usually disallowed) with other moving vehicles.
On the down side, if you are moving the contents of your entire apartment to a new location, using a pickup truck may be more expensive than a bigger vehicle. It would take several trips, and if you’re going pretty far away, the costs of gas alone would be enough to change your mind about the pickup.
In general, though, if you have the need to haul something that’s too small for a city van, but too big for your SUV, a pickup truck rental may be just the ticket.
Pickup Truck Rental: Tricks of the Trade
Here are a few tips to follow when it comes to renting a pickup truck from a moving car company.
- Research – Put in the time to see who has the best deal around. Keeping your eyes peeled for deals and sales is a simple way to save money.
- Look at the Truck – Don’t take the rental company’s word for it—inspect the truck yourself. You’ll want to make sure they know of every scratch and ding beforehand so you don’t get charged for them later.
- Good Timing – Try to rent your pickup truck during off-peak seasons or days. Stay away from the weekends and the summer, if you can, when prices are higher than usual.
Pickup Truck Rental: Customer Favorites
If you know you want to rent a pickup truck but don’t know where to start, consider these top performing companies. Each has a fleet of trucks at your disposal with a variety of options.
Budget Truck Rental
Budget has the Ford F150 Supercab truck for rent, giving you plenty of cargo room and passenger space.
Hertz Truck Rental
Hertz has a collection of ½ ton, ¾ ton, and 1 ton pickup trucks available for you to rent. There are four wheel drive and two wheel drive models, along with both gas and diesel varieties.
Enterprise Truck Rental
This great car rental company has Chevy Colorado and Dodge Dakota models, as well as other similar trucks. Most of them have room for 4 passengers and are loaded with amenities like: air conditioning, automatic transmission, and CD players.